Around the World in 48 Hours
Awareness Through Movement Lessons®
Day One: AMERICAS Teachers
with Coordinator Frederick Schjang
Watch it or download it.
How to download instructions are below videos.
How to do a lesson:
- Have a small stack of hand towels as a support or a small firm pillow to place under your head as needed.
- Seated lessons will best be done in a firm chair that does not roll.
- Go very slowly.
- Pause the lesson as needed to give yourself time.
- Move within your own comfortable range.
- Do NOT push or strain. You will get more benefits by doing less.
- Try to let go of doing the movements the “right” way.
- Be curious and enjoy the changes.
- Follow any healthcare restrictions you have been given.
Breathing With The Whole Self 🌶️
Breathing freely and fully is fundamental part of every Feldenkrais lesson, so it feels like a great way to kick off two whole days of Awareness Through Movement. We will be exploring breathing better at both ends; nose, mouth, tongue and throat, as well as rib cage, diaphragms (you have several) and the belly. Unconstricted breathing improves our well being in every area of daily activity, and when you can access the potency of your breathing you can use it to unblock your sinuses, free your spine, improve your fitness, and deepen your sleep.
CONSUELO M. TORAL
Explore the Shoulder Area 🌶️ 🌶️
This ATM invites you to explore to explore your shoulder area along with the shoulder blades and your upper back in relation to your head and eye’s movement. We begin to awaken differentiation as a power of movement, recognize the muscular organization that our eyes propitiates and the power of our own touch as a motor of movement.
How Heavy is Your Leg?🌶️ 🌶️
Integrate more of yourself into moving the leg in multiple planes of movement
Everyday Ease in Sitting 🌶️
Organizing from the ground up for easier, upright sitting
Optimize Flexion and Upright Posture 🌶️
Organize the way you bend forward so that your whole trunk rounds itself and your abs don’t overwork. You’ll discover that this improves your upright posture: by the end of the class you will stand tall without effort and feel relief from habitual tensions.
How Habits Affect Everyday Life 🌶️ 🌶️
Did you know that habits are part of everything you do? Come and explore and learn about your habits in a playful way.
Neck: Expand Your View 🌶️
Restore neck movements frequently lost in using modern technology and expand your field of view in all directions.
SHERI COHEN, ASST. FELDENKRAIS® TRAINER
Spiraling to Rise
Discover a unique way to spiral to standing where gravity is your friend!
How to Download
To download the video, audio, or transcript you need to:
- First, play the video
- Then click the download button (that looks like this )
- It will show the transcript options, then click on Transcript (TXT), Audio (MP3), or Video (MP4)
- It will automatically download onto your computer, If you cannot locate it, check the “Downloads” folder on your computer.
This audio or video lesson is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Anything shared by the instructors including all articles, videos, photos, audio recordings, and documents of any kind available in Future Life Now Online is not a substitute for professional help or medical treatment. Nothing on Future Life Now Online is intended to diagnose or treat any pathology or disease of any kind. This website, all media files found on it and the creator of any and all of these files, and anyone featured on these files, cannot be held responsible for any injuries or discomfort that occur. Before doing any of the movement lessons or movements described or portrayed, be sure to consult your medical practitioner.